Most recently, to the delight of many Age-Group and Lesson coaches, FINIS introduced the Swimmer’s Snorkel Youth. This new snorkel was commonly referred to as a “learn-to-swim” snorkel, as it helped teach technique to the youngest of swimmers.
- Center-Mount Design
- One-Way Purge Valve
- Universal Tube Shape
- Smaller Silicone Mouth Piece – younger swimmers have smaller mouths, so a smaller mouthpiece was an obvious design requirement.
- Shorter Tube with Large Opening – Building lung capacity for young swimmers was not the emphasis of this Youth version, so we designed the tube to accommodate a fresh flow of oxygen with easy purging capabilities. The general universal shape remains, but the dimensions have been adjusted slightly to benefit youth swimmers.
- Neoprene Adjustable Head Strap – Younger swimmers swim at slower speeds, so a hard head bracket is not needed to keep the snorkel from wobbling while swimming. Instead, we decided to create a soft and simple head strap using neoprene. Simply slip the strap around the tube and Velcro it quickly and easily for a custom fit.
- Nose Clip Included – As with the Swimmer’s Snorkel Junior, the Youth version includes a nose clip for introductory purposes.
- Target Demographic – Swimmer’s of all abilities, aged 4-9 years