FINIS Hydro Tracker GPS provides swimmers and fitness enthusiasts with one device that maps, tracks and analyzes their workout session
Livermore, CA – (February 23, 2012) – FINIS, the worldwide leader in technical swimming development and provider of select training equipment for the U.S. Olympic Swim Team, announces the FINIS Hydro Tracker GPS. The Hydro Tracker GPS is a tracking, mapping and performance reporting fitness accessory designed for open water swimmers. Hydro Tracker GPS, a multi-sport device captures the swimmer’s course and key performance data for an in-depth post-swim, statistical report. The free online FINIS Streamline Training Log allows swimmers to set goals and analyze stats including splits, speed, distance, accumulated time, and elevation. Swimmers can share their results with friends via CSV, KML Google Earth, Facebook and Twitter. The Hydro Tracker GPS is available now for $129.99 at www.FINISInc.com/hydrotracker and select retailers.
“We created the Hydro Tracker GPS to meet the needs of open water swimmers and fitness enthusiasts,” says John Mix, President of FINIS. “Our Hydro Tracker GPS and free Streamline Log allows swimmers to dig deeper into their key workout stats, providing them with invaluable ongoing feedback. This new GPS system will help maximize anyone’s results.”
The Hydro Tracker GPS easily and securely attaches to swim goggle straps on the back of the head, or included neoprene armband and does not require GPS calibration. Full features and benefits include:
- Accurate GPS Tracking – Engineered to rest on the back of the head so swimmers receive a constant GPS signal
- Online Mapping – View your route on a Google Maps™ integrated satellite map complete with zoom function
- Performance Reporting – Set goals and analyze stats including splits, speed, distance, accumulated time and elevation
- Hydrodynamic Clips –Attaches the tracker securely to goggle straps for optimal signal detection
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery – Up to 16 hours of use
- Time-Lapse Animation -Watch the progress of your workout with a click of a button to see elevation variations
- 2 Button Operation – Simple and easy to use interface with LED indicators
- Neoprene Armband – Slip the tracker on your arm or bike for use in other outdoor activities
- Share Workouts – Export your data from the Streamline Log using CSV or Google Earth files, or share via Facebook and Twitter
- Multi-Sport Compatible – Can be used for swimming, running, walking, biking, skiing, hiking & more
- No Calibration Needed -Just put on the tracker and you’re ready to go
- Adjustable Sampling Rate – Configure how often you want to record GPS data so that you can control accuracy and battery life
- Waterproof – Built to withstand the roughest environments
For more information about the Hydro Tracker GPS and Streamline Log technology and the entire FINIS product line including gear used by the U.S. Olympic Swim team, visit www.FINISINC.com
Founded in 1993 in Northern California, FINIS was started by John Mix and Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Pablo Morales. The Monofin and the Swimmer’s Snorkel were the first products they developed for the US market; afterwards, they continued to focus on creating training tools for swimmers and coaches worldwide. FINIS products are currently available in over 60 countries and are used by US and International Olympic teams, elite triathletes, and fitness swimmers.
Innovative research and design is FINIS’ highest priority. This dedication has resulted in truly unique products such as: the Swimmer’s Snorkel, which is recognized as the paramount tool to improve a swimmer’s technique, the SwiMP3 that uses bone conduction technology to play music instead ear buds, and the Z2 Zoomers fins, which demonstrate an intimate understanding of swimming musculature, hydrodynamics, and engineering.
Visit the FINIS Blog at http://www.finisinc.com/blog/
Senior Account Manager
Max Borges Agency
1.305.374.4404 ext. 113