Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
This position is for a creative design professional with a strong portfolio of print and digital design work and a keen understanding of marketing strategy and management. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for creating print collateral and digital communications for FINIS Inc., while also managing and mentoring a Junior Graphic Designer.The applicant must be able to positively and professionally interact with all levels of management and co-workers. The Sr. Designer will have excellent oral and written communication skills, respond professionally to feedback, and be willing to ask questions to ensure clear understanding. The Sr. Designer works closely with the Communications Manager and Coordinator, drives projects from inception to completion within established timelines, and produces creative solutions that align with business goals and strategies. The Sr. Designer is positive, self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
- Timely creation of design projects including print advertisements, catalogs, brochures, product collateral, packaging materials, trade show displays, and point-of-sale pieces
- Effectively design online marketing pieces including e-mails, banner ads, and web pages
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and that materials created are to brand standard
- Manage projects from inception through completion with little supervision
- Review proofs and/or attend catalog press checks and provide feedback to printer
- Mentor and manage Junior Graphic designer(s), while working closely with Marketing Communications Manager and Coordinator
- Support other departments with various graphic and marketing requests
- Portfolio required with application
- 4+ years experience in visual design, marketing design, and/or graphic design, with a history of increasing responsibility
- Minimum BA or BS in Design or another related field
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other professional design tools
- Must be a fast creative talent who moves efficiently through the phases of creative development while ensuring appropriate input along the way.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability
- Skilled at delivering creative concept presentations
- Knowledge of swimming; current or past involvement as a swimmer/triathlete is a plus
- Photography and photography post-production, including use of Lightroom software
- Video editing knowledge
- HTML & CSS
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay level varies depending on education and experience levels
- Employees are eligible for benefits 90 days after the initial hire date. Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending and 401(k). Profit sharing bonuses also available for salaried employees.
Direct Report: VP of Marketing/Product Development
- Send cover letter, portfolio and resume to marketing [at] finisinc.com
- Please send portfolio ad PDF or link to online portfolio. Applications will not be reviewed without a portfolio.
Our Vision: "To motivate every person in the world to swim better, swim often, and train smarter."
FINIS was founded in Northern California with the understanding that improving one's swimming technique is the secret to swimming faster and enjoying the sport more. This has led the company to introduce truly innovative tools to the swimming and fitness communities. Many of these products are currently used by US and international Olympic teams, elite Triathletes, and fitness swimmers worldwide. FINIS is growing rapidly and is looking for smart enthusiastic people who want to work in an exciting athletic environment.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), religion, marital or registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.