- Specialty: Sprint Free
- Country: USA
- Date of Birth: 3/26/1989
Mallory Weggemann is a 2013 US National Team member and 2012 Paralympic Champion in the 50m Freestyle (S8). On January 21, 2008 Weggemann went into a clinic to receive an epidural injection to help treat back pain she had been experiencing. She was left paralyzed as a result of the procedure. Weggemann returned to the pool in April 2008 and since that time she has set sixteen World Records and thirty-three American Records. Weggemann’s success at the 2010 World Championships catapulted her into the forefront of her sport and earned her a 2011 ESPY Award for “Best Female Athlete with a Disability.” Weggemann is currently training for Rip Tide Swim Team in Minnesota in preparation for the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- 2012 Paralympian, United States of America
- 2012 Paralympic Gold Medalist (50m Freestyle - S8)
- 2012 Paralympic Bronze Medalist (34 point 4x100m Medley Relay)
- 2011 ESPN ESPY Award for "Best Female Athlete with a Disability"
- 2010 IPC World Championships (Rio); 8 Gold Medals